4.10.10

On set with Fashion Television !!!!! Yay!

For the last few weeks.. Fashion Television has been following the amazing photographer Nikki Ormerod. Why? Simply because she is so freaking fabulous! Nikki is represented by Westside Studio, they rep the best photographers in the city! In fact .. She is so fabulous that she hired me to style for her shoot. Yay! I was trilled! The vibe of the shoot? Vintage Glamorous Hollywood Starlet!! ♥

The first store that came to my mind was the amazing store Cabaret on Queen Street West! By far the friendliest store in Toronto! Then I went to Gadabout on Queen East.. this place has so many hidden treasures! I got amazing dresses from both places but I still needed something more.. red carpet oh la la! So Wayne Clark it is! Wayne is known for his dramatic evening gowns. His fabulous dresses have been worn by Jane Fonda, Cindy Crawford and Rihanna .. just to name a few. His dresses screams red carpet. It was a pleasure to meet him and his dress was one of my favorites! Did I needmore dresses? Not really but when I walked by Shkank on Yonge Street.. I saw THE perfect dress with so much sparkle .. I NEEDED it! It was a dress designed for a princess!

All of my amazing dresses needed some spectacular jewelry. I contacted the best in the city!! Gay Isber. I cannot find the words to express how much I love her jewelry.. In English or French! Her partner in crime, Jessica Greschner makes the most incredible pieces that could stop traffic!! Who wears her pieces? Everybody from Lady Gaga, Pamela Anderson to Prince Charles and Camilla. The best part is that all the pieces are made here in Toronto. Last stop was at Shopgirls.. a lovely store on Queen street West that carries only Canadian Designers. I grabbed some dreamy feathery headpieces from La Krause to add some drama to my dresses!

I am super excited about this shoot! Hair was by the very talented Jukka Suutari from Plutino Group and make up by Cait Mizzi from Judy Inc. We had a great team of people working on set and our beautiful model Geneviève was from Elmer Olsen Model.. she was so ridiculously gorgeous!

Here are a few images from my shoot!



Dress from Shkank , jewelry from Gay Isber and headpieces from La Krause.


1950's Champagne Brocade Coat Dress worn over the strapless Bijou dress from the Cabaret Collection. Jewelry is from Gay Isber, headpiece from La Krause and the fur is from my precious great grand-mother's collection :)


This is a close-up of Gay Isber necklace. One of my favorite pieces! In the middle Gay used a Shark tooth!


This dress was designed by Rod Philpott, founder of Shkank. Check out the back!!! This picture does not do justice to the dress!! It was stunning on Geneviève!


This dress left everyone speechless.. it is from the very talented Wayne Clark. Geneviève is also wearing a beautiful headpiece from La Krause and a bracelet from Gay Isber.

Headpieces from La Krause and jewelry from Wayne Clark.



Some of my bling bling from Gay Isber.


MERCI Cabaret, Gadabout vintage, Gay Isber, La Krause, Shkank, Shopgirls and Wayne Clark! Great day! Can't wait to see the the final images and the footage from Fashion Television! Yay!


2 comments:

  1. Hair by Jukka Suutari from Plutino Group and make up by Cait Mizzi from Judy Inc.

    ReplyDelete